Thursday, May 24, 2018

My cup runeth over

We all live busy lives, and that's ok, as long as we take time to stop and "smell the roses". Now, for some that might actually be a literal stop what you are doing and go over to the flower and take a moment to smell it. For others, it can be making sure that you take stock of all the blessings in your life. Like on my day off after I get the kids off to school and Michelle off to work, and I find myself with a pile of dishes. Rather than stew about the fact that I am pretty sure dirty dishes are like rabbits and when you turn your back they seemingly multiply in a VERY short order. I decide to release the urge to channel my inner greek and start smashing dishes to the floor while yelling "OPA!",and instead I revel in the fact that not every day do I get to watch a young doe nibble at the fresh spring shoots only meters away from me while I get dishpan hands.

A short while later, I thank my lucky stars to live where I do, as my buddy came rumbling over on his tractor when he heard I needed to move my storage shed, re contour the drainage on my driveway and lay down about 14 tons of drainage stone.
I am a lucky man, and my back thanks you Brennan boys!

Now that the big stuff was out of the way, I got to focus on a small job, about 9ft2 of floor space really, and that's being generous. I figure it is time to tile!

But of course, when you are ready to tile, you must make sure all your other ducks are in a row. And they were not. Why I did this I am not sure but, my master plan had a heating duct into the bathroom. Makes sense really, who wants to sit on a cold seat in the fall? What I can't figure out is where I ran the duct into the bathroom. Right behind the toilet. It would only heat up the small space between the toilet and the wall. So it was time to re route the ducting

















Thankfully this went a little smoother than I thought, after a few measures and re measures I drilled a new hole through the cabinet and through the bathroom wall. Now the bathroom should receive heat and the drawers should still open and close!
Next obstacle to tackle was storage. As I have preached time and again, with no overhead cupboards and no under floor storage, every nook and cranny must be utilized . In many bathrooms medicine cabinets are used to increase storage space. They are often very shallow and compact....and built into or screwed onto a wall. So this is kinda like that except its not on a wall, and it will have drawers, and like everything else will be designed to be removable.





















Why do I have to do this before tiling? because if this is designed to come out it has to be set up 3/16 of an inch at least to slide past the floor tile. Now I am ready to proceed to the tiling  portion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...