Monday, May 14, 2018

In my minds eye

In my mind I have a vision....yes sometimes it can be scary and disturbing in there, but a lot of the time it is relatively ordered and it makes sense. However, I have never been accused at NOT having an imagination. So, some of the details of my vision for Fillmore could be described as, uhmm incomplete. I always knew that the bathroom in Fillmore was going to have a 'certain' look. It's a very small space, so what it lacks in size I will make up for in unique style.
Some of the details of that style are tangible. I knew the look I wanted, it was a matter of finding the tiles that met that vision
On Friday, I made a trip to Sweetgrass Montana.On the way home I stopped in Lethbridge and found what I wanted. Tile for the bathroom. I had been watching different places and found what I wanted at home depot. The only problem was the stores at home had very little stock. Being that I had been on the road for 4.5 hours, I was hungry and needed a stretch. Lucky for me there was a Home depot right near where I was eating and lone and behold they had stock of what I needed.

Now for the reason for the road trip. I'm not a tile guy, but it didn't take me long to think of how a tile can pop loose or grout crumble away when there is some slight shifting in your house. My vision for the bathroom in Fillmore has always been tile, the incompleteness of my vision was HOW was I going to put tile into a moving shaking,vibrating bathroom? After many hours over many years of procrastinator style research  I found what I wanted...Flex-Tile
This is a silicone based(flexible) adhesive AND grouting material. I may live to regret my decision, but if it does what they claim, we have a winner!

In the meantime, not wanting to be the guy with only one iron in the fire, I needed to produce some templates for Suu at Ariewest Upholstery
He is going to make me some wheel well covers in carpet so as to give me a cleaner polished look to the area

Water wars also continue. I found and dealt with the leaks I had now it was time to put it all back together.
Water?.....check

Cupboards?....check

It was nice to see more checks on the page....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...