Saturday, May 26, 2018

The Handyman Song

 "Tile ,darn ya tile...." My buddy Randy was a musical savant
....you know a bathroom is a great room after all... OK he wasn't a savant but I used to like to call him that every now and again when he would demonstrate his musical prowess.
Tile darn ya tile, and soon enough we'll brighten up your shower stall...
It really was an opportunity to give him a poke, a backhanded compliment if you will.
Bathrooms are so tacky when they're painted, time for you and tile to get acquainted...
We sang together in a quartet for many years, and one of the songs that Randy arranged was "The handyman Medley" A smart number full of stereotypical barbershop originals which we parodied.
Make walls worthwhile!, com on and Tile Darn ya Tile!

I miss you Randy, but thanks for being by my side (and in my head) while I hummed your tune and tiled the bathroom.
 The day has come, the toilet removed the ducting re routed, the cabinets framed up. It was time to lay tile. I have never laid tile before, but when I was doing a test fit it became obvious the extent of cutting I would have to do.

 Measure, measure,mark, measure....
 And then finally cut




















Fairly straight forward, most of the cuts are single cut straight lines....
 I spoke too soon....

 With a little patience and using the front and side surfaces of the cutting blade. I was able to make a round hole from a square peg.












It became clear that this was a refreshing job on a day that hit 27C(hot for here), a little messy, but I was happy!

 And progress was made! I had fears of crooked lines and screw ups, but by and large things turned out really well! Not perfect but, if all the lines were perfect what would you have to ponder on while you are sitting in the bathroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...