Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Get your jolly on!

Mesial, distal, palatal, MB1, bifurcated canal, periapical periodontitis. Now these are terms that make sense to me, it's dental lingo. So when my sister in law gave me a design world compliment, I actually thought she was saying something in Afrikaans . I was sharing some photos of my work in the bathroom of Fillmore and she said " Looking so good! Nice Jolly!" I wasn't quite sure how my jolly got into this but I was pleased that as a designer she thought the tiling was looking good!

After some joking she told me that the aluminium trim at the edge of the tile is called the 'tile jolly'. I learn something every day...
I knew I wanted a clean finish to the tile edge, and keeping with the colour scheme of white chrome and grey the 'jolly' was a no brainer. I mitred the corners and installed the jolly only to discover that I wasn't happy with the way the mounting screws sat proud of the trim. This would cause me grief come tile installation time.














So I took the trim off, and one by one counter sunk the screw holes.











This was much better, although there will be a slight transition of the first time, hopefully it should be barley noticeable.


























Things are shaping up, there has been a lot of cutting. then adhesive and applying, followed by lots of support screws!! Once all the little finicky tiles are in place I'll be ready for grout work. I'm a little nervous about doing the grout work. Bob from Flex Tile makes it look easy, but I have a feeling the anxiety level will be a little higher in  my corner when I'm trying to float silicone based grout and NOT get it all over absolutely everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...