Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Mornings!

I love early mornings, bright sun, quiet except for birds in the trees. A hot pot of coffee and a smile on my face. Saturday was raining, but Sunday was bright and sunny...as was my mood.

After I drank all the caffeine I could manage it was time to test fit the pantry.

Everything fit like a glove. The guide strip on the top took a little patience.  Now here is the rub. If you look at the bottom of the pantry take a look at what you don't see. You don't see the drawer slides. Under the bottom drawer I have a center column with the slides mounted to be hidden. 
Awesome! 
Great!
Just the way I wanted it to look! But I created a huge issue. In order to mount the slide column I need it be inside the cabinet. I cannot remove the slides from the pantry. So The solution is to get in behind the pantry.
 Through the side wall under the galley counter.



















The only complicating factor to this is that my old man knee is causing me grief, so a simple task is harder than it needed to be. And yet somehow with such a simple task I still manged to draw blood.

And now you can see why, I need to be inside and behind.





















Now that the pantry is in place it's time to set the wheels in motion on the latch. I felt i needed something a little more beefy that the locking drawer pulls used for all the other cabinets. Luckily I have been contemplating all of this over the last few months as I peruse Amazon. So what we have here is a old fashioned slam latch I had intended to use in the bathroom of the bus....(that didn't quite work out) and a flush mount door pull for a marine application, which I just knew I would need some day. The trouble is....they were not meant for eachother. I had a round peg and a square hole.




















But with a little patience, ingenuity, stubbornness and naivete. I made it work.



















Now I've got all the pieces, lets see if I can put them all together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...