Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Back Cabinets

As summer roles in, I take the opportunity to roll out with the boys on Monday nights for a little mountain biking. This particular shot was taken only moments before the rain....and then hail....then gail force winds....only to be trumped by the grizzly by the path.
When I got home from this ride.....I went straight to the tub with a healthy pour of scotch and warmed up from the inside and out.
BEFORE
You may remember back in Feb, I finished the remodeling of the back wall overhead cabinet. Before it stood out to far and you hit your head on it if you tried to sit back.

DURING

After it was complete the cabinet was great but the whole back wall was far from finished.

















I started framing in the electrical , got a face plate on it....
But it was a temporary fix at best. What I needed to do was spend some time on it and get it all matchy matchy with the rest of the cabinetry.



















I decided that maple cabinet door rails would give me the best durability and finish, the door panel was a simple spruce G1S 1/4" ply. I saved you from pictures of the usual rant about the beauty of using cardboard templates to scribe onto....but trust me they were there.


I wanted cabinets across the back wall, or at least on either side of the back wall with perhaps a feature spot in the middle. Once again, after a fair share of filling and sanding, I employed the ever versatile paint sprayer for some smooth shiny results! 

 It is never to early (or late) top learn a life skill....like wiring! I mean what 19 year old doesn't need to know how to wire a 110V plug into a panel.
AFTER
A job well done, my feature wall is only eclipsed by the beauty of my electrician.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...