Monday, October 19, 2009

In the begining...



Well here we go folks! For those who don't know what the heck this is all about. I turned 40 last year and immediately felt the burning desire to get a vehicle that reflected who I really am! A mid life crisis you might say. But my vehicle, like me, doesn't scream small and sexy, but rather it has a low repetitive chant "I'm big, I'm comfy and I need a lot of body work!"

Seriously, I have had a secret love affair with this style of bus for many years, ever since crossing paths with one on the way out to the mountains one summer. I found the ol' girl in a barn in Missoula MT. And with the help of a local mobile mechanic, Chris Kruse from Krusers mobile repair, the wheels were set in motion.....literally.

So October 16th was D day, my good buddy Randy and I set out in my Jetta, with a tow dolly bouncing behind, down to Shelby Montana to meet up with Chris and the bus....

1 comment:

  1. Cool blog Blake! I'm not sure I can read it all because I just found out about it and there are tons of entries, but I will give it my best shot. Who knows, maybe there will be a Coles Notes version???

    Matt Jenkins

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...