Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tear down

Might as well dive right in. This is after day 1. We pulled out the overhead cabinets, then took out the fridge,stove freezer and counter. As sad as it was we decided that the green shag carpet had to go too....not sure if green was the original color...didn't want to know.
After putting the kids to bed....and Michelle. I couldn't sleep so I snuck out and tore out the sink and cabinets at about 11pm...I know,I know,......I have issues
Next was the furnace,bathroom,storage closet and the hot water tank!
Finally I was able to pull parts of the floor. The bus was originally manufactured to have a dropped center isle. But whomever did the original reno decided to build the floor up 6" so it was flat....which was fine if you were under 5'10"
Oh... the other beauty of the tear down is a reminder that the original reno was done many moons ago and done in the USA... which means no robertson, very few phillips.....and a whole lot of flatheads....damn that slows things down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...