Monday, February 1, 2010

A New Month...a new problem.

Ok first of all it's not a new problem. More like it is a continuation of the same problem. Now that we're on the topic...perhaps I misspoke. It's not a problem but a challenge!
As I clean under the area where I took the body panel off I followed a trail. All was good until I removed the small bump rail just behind the passenger side front wheel. It didn't sit as flush to the body as I would have liked to see. When I pulled it off...sure enough, a penetration through the body panel. As I stripped some rust from under the bump rail up to the wheel well I noticed Bond....uhh oh! Then I followed the bondo...

Closer inspection revealed a patch job. Not a terrible one, and if you were avoiding removal of the panels, then a good option.....but I've already jumped into that pool...so why stop now?(famous last words I know)


So with more panel to tackle...I need more coverage. Thankfully Alvise gave me 3 tarps to use. Now I have more bus under covers!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...