Friday, February 12, 2010

Time Flies....

You know as a kid, you often heard your parents talk about how time was just "whizzin' by". Frankly we thought they were full of it. Time was 'slow' and it took forever to get anywhere, it took forever to wait for your favorite TV program to come on(and then you'd have to get up to turn it to your channel...don't get me started), and having to wait to turn 16 so you could legally drive?...YIKES...time flies? Ya right!
But like many many things over the years, you get some life experience and .....you know it Mom&Dad were right...again!

This week just flew by, I remember starting work Monday morning and then signing paychecks on Thursday afternoon....the rest is a blur. But I did manage to get a little bus stuff done. I pulled the door from the bus(needs work) and the bumper(to be re-chromed)

You may also remember that way back when I took some pieces to a self serve sandblasting place to clean then up.Well it worked like a charm but it wasn't cheap. Not a problem if you have only a couple of pieces.But...I have a bus...nothing is small or singular. Anyway I happened to be at princess auto the other day and they had a sandblaster unit...for less than what I paid for my little stint at the self serve place. Anyway...as you can see it is now yet another tool in my arsenal.

It works pretty well too! But it does make a mess....I might have to build a sandblast chest that recycles the blast media for the shop..... hmm not a bad idea....to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...