Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful....

 Our good fortune could only last so long. Temperature of -6 to +6 over the last week were bound to end at some point, and they did. It is funny though how you quickly become accustomed to the mild temperatures. Growing up in northern Manitoba we would have Looooong stretches of -20's and seem to deal with it, life would carry on. Perhaps I romanticize it a little but we would seem to continue to do 'stuff ' despite the weather. I find living here in Southern Alberta you get sucked into the mind set of fair weather working(or playing) If it is too cold just wait a few days and a Chinook will blow through and warm things up! The problem is when you have a few days of prime time to work, I don't want to wait!

 So I continue to work indoors when I can, taking advantage of the heated garage. Here is the rad stand ready for a dry fit. 
'Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!'  The good news is that it was beginning to look a wee bit grungy out and about the garage with all the work that was being done lately, so the snow covers things up and makes it look clean and pretty again!

 But with a change in the weather came with a drop in the mercury. So it is high time to get Fillmore's hut closed in. Something that was always on the books but was a lower priority because of the warm weather. Ron and I hauled a 16'x20' tarp into the garage that I had  already divided into two.
 
 We cut it to size, folded the edge...
 And finally placed grommets, they are small but they will do the job.
All the while the kids took on the lead role in the supper department, so Dad and Grandpa could work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...