Thursday, November 17, 2011

Keeping Warm


All too often we forget to thank the little people in our lives, and in this case I mean the little people. My son Jeff is always eager to lend a hand. Even when the temp dips down and working outside makes your teeth chatter, Jeff, more often than not, is willing to go the distance for the team, and that means the world to me.
But I'm also not a mean ogar that blatantly uses my children as forms of  labour that would break any international labour laws. When the steel gets too cold, it's time to move the projects indoors and work on something a little more manageable, and keep the workers, both big and small, warm.

One of the projects on the flow chart is wipers. I had taken the wiper plates( and motors) off some time ago but tonight we decided that we could do a little more. Jeff eager to put hands to tools jumped at the opportunity to take something apart.
The old wiper motor was removed, although functional, it was loud, erratic and bled air like a stuck pig......so time to get a little more reliable and save the air for the brakes and horn.
The new wiper motor is a three speed dynamic park, 12V electric motor





After doing a little clean up, re size the hole for the wiper motor shaft, the dry fit shows that all is well.






This will be my last post for a few days, I am off to Manitoba to visit family. Dad is chuggin' along, day by day, and we're thankful for each and everyone that we have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...