Friday, November 11, 2011

November?...really?



 Meteorology, I feel sorry for people that get into that field. More so for the guys that get into the long term forecasts. In Calgary forecasting the weather a week in advance is a crap shoot at best, the old saying "It's Calgary, if you don't like the weather wait 5 min" often rings true. So you can imagine my surprise when they forecast warm weather for Thursday and Friday this week. And then for them to be right!
 I figure every day like today is a blessing, considering the long-long term forecast is for the coldest winter that we have had in years.


 Today the kids were off school. Anna was busy cleaning her room and prepping for the onslaught of 11 year old girls for her birthday party sleep over. Jeff on the other hand dawned his Flxible coveralls and was working on the snow machine for the snowenator.
 Randy made the trip out to Bragg again for our usual Friday bus day. I know I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and tease the one stead fast worker, but.....Don't worry he's not scared by a surprise photo, but rather this is what you look like when you are one of the seven dwarfs and 'whistle while you work'!!
 While Randy was problem solving in the front of the bus, trying to figure out the new heater core and defrost, I was busy fabricating a frame to hold the tranny and hydraulic fluid coolers for the chute.

 Randy then moved on to insulation...
 While I kept making sparks!
Here we go, rads mounted within the frame ready to be put into place!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...