Monday, January 23, 2012

Rabbit's foot has nothin' on me!

It's funny how people can be superstitious. Michelle and I watched the movie Moneyball last night, good movie about how GM for the Oakland A's, Billy Beane, changes baseball. Superstition occupies a huge part of the baseball psyche, and for some of us it's hard to say that we don't suffer from that ill-logic as well.
Late last week, I looked at the forecast, and it wasn't good it was cold. My first reaction was "well I'll wait for things to warm up a bit before I work on Fillmore" But then I asked myself......what if by not working I change the chain of events and it stays cold? What if fate has decided that I have to face the cold? Therefore if I don't do it now, I'll have to do it later. I don't want to jinx the rest of the winter."
This is my "silly ass" superstition, I know it's not logical, I know it has no bearing on the weather...but yet I find myself a slave to the ill-logic.
Or maybe it's just an elaborate cover up excuse for my obsession about getting this bus on the road.
None the less, I found myself in the dark of night with heaters going and three layers of warm clothes on, putting the hydraulic rad back in place.
I cleaned up and changed the fittings on the motor as well.Just have the tank to mount, hoses have been made, then we'll plug and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...