Monday, January 30, 2012

January daze

I have said this time and again, 'baby steps, baby steps'. There is so much to do I sometimes loose track and find myself sitting in the engine compartment achieving nothing. My mind is racing saying..." You have to do this and this....but first do this so that will not impede those and then.....".ARRRRRGGGGG!

So Thursday Randy emailed and said...'we're home, had a great time golfing in Arizona, anything to do on Fillmore. So I threw him under the bus.....literally. We are updating the brakes. I have now added another air tank giving us a primary and a secondary system. As such the old brake lines are to be taken out, and hey copper is at a premium, maybe I'll make rent money!
While Randy toiled away under the bus I was working on a few other things. I installed an in-line lift pump. Being that there is quite a few feet of fuel line between the fuel tank and the engine, we thought it might be a good idea to help things along.
Next was routing the hydraulic suction line, the hydraulic line from the filter to the hydraulic rad and then the radiator surge line. Cut and grommet!
After that I moved on to design and fab of a bracket for the hydraulic filter to be mounted near the AD9 air dryer.
On the drivers side engine room......It's getting a little crowded in here!!
By days end Randy had racked up a pile of copper, a few skinned knuckles and a chill to the bone. Nothing a hot shower and some chicken soup wouldn't fix or was that a shower with a hot chicken....ehh another day of diesel fumes will get to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...