Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Call in the reinforcements

 There are times in a man's life where you have to swallow your pride and say...I need help. It takes a big man to say "I was wrong" it takes a bigger man to say " I don't know what the F*%# to do next". So that is exactly what I did. Chris, the mobile mechanic from Missoula, and I have always stayed in touch. Often it's me dropping him a line and a picture and saying...."ehhhh Chris?....what the hell is this?"
So I came to a point that I realized I was in need of help, and it wasn't the kind of help you can get from the internet, or even night school. There is a time and a place for the professionals....and the time was now. So I called up Chris and said....."How would you like to come up north and work on a bus outside in the cold doing virtually nothing but eat and sleep bus?"



Hot Damn, he said yes! He brought his buddy Bryce with him and the two of them let loose on Fillmore. They spent the first half day taking stock of what has been done and what needs to be done and...well....I'm man enough to admit it...what needs to be redone.
Then they spent the afternoon hunting and gathering in Calgary. Frankly they did WAY better than I ever did....I suspect you get a little more respect when you walk into a big rig parts place and know what the hell your talking about. Parts guys don't want to spend a lot of time with a guy asking for a thing-a-ma-jig that goes on the big round thing that sits next to the tank!

 I came home from work and found the boys busy working away. Chris was making sense of the electrical and Bryce was fabricating a new stand for a third air tank. We are designing a primary and secondary air tanks for safety. Looking like the kid who wants to play they took pity on me and gave me a job. Clean up the new tank.
 A little grinding and rust removal....Ha that's nothing, I'm a pro at that.

 Bryce moved on to repairing the turbo exhaust, unbeknownst to me the flange that was there was busted through.















I worked away on the tank, not bad for a dentist.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...