Friday, August 17, 2012

Inspiration from my baby brother

Today starts on a sad note. The big "C" has taken yet another good person from this world. My good buddy Trevor lost his Dad after a courageous battle with cancer. Knowing full well what you are going through my friend, my heart and all the uplifting wishes in the world are with you and your family.


Last summer when I was in Winnipeg, my "little" brother was showing me his portfolio for school (architecture). Of course I was amazing and impressed with his whacky way of thinking and his creative designs, but then the selfish part of me really started to study his model. You know the part of you that says..." I want to do that!". So I made him show me the technique he used in his model construction. Quite simple he said, just plain old solder technique but using silver solder. More expensive but a better hold.

One afternoon while at the skate park with the kids. I brought all my soldering "stuff". When Anna walked up and asked what I was doing I started to explain, half way through my explanation she started to laugh. Puzzled I asked "what's so funny?" "You sound like a TV show" she snorted!
And thus the solder segment was born...

So I applied Shawn's teachings to Fillmore....not quite in such an artistic creative way....but a much more practical way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...