Thursday, August 9, 2012

clean and shape

There are many times where , as a family, you'll take a big trip, or go on an epic vacation and those are memorable events. Not every memory has to be a well planned out holiday, sometimes it can be just another day at home, helping Dad in the bus shelter.
At least it will be for me, I can only hope that it means as much to them.
Sometimes when we come home from a family vacation, the kids hit a low, their friends are often still away and they are bored.....perfect....have I got a job for you! Anna happily agreed to help me out with some Fillmore work.
In the engine compartment, on the passenger side, the walls still needed "attention"




So we set out at it with grinding. Get the two of us in there with sanding disks, things get a little cloudy with old rust and paint dust. Proper protection is key, but even then the air is  pretty thick. Enter the power fan!
I had an in line fan in the workshop for the past few years because I thought my ventilation fan was shot. (turned out the wiring just needed to be redone) So I pulled it out and made a mobile construction fan!












So we cleaned and painted, and in the end it looks pretty sharp!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...