Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back in the saddle again...

Gene Autry sang about it, getting back to something you love. And I have grown to love the process of the Fillmore remake. Having said that , I thoroughly enjoyed the break I had this summer. June and July flew by in the blink of an eye, but what great times we have had.
The first order of business was to clean up all the new wiring. It wasn't a mess, it was really quite neat, but the problem was the fuse box I had created before wasn't big enough for all the new wiring. So I couldn't actually close the block into the box.

So I decided to grab the bull by the horns and dismantle everything. Keeping the sides for a template was a good idea (saved me some time)


Next I had to plan, design and build. This would have been a lot easier if I had spent some time with paper and pencil, but I found myself in the in-the-moment fabrication. The kids think I'm a pack rat, keeping all sorts of seemingly scrap metal but truth be known these "extras" are just metal that haven't reached their full potential.

A few odds and ends and the next thing you know we have an idea on the way...
Sometimes I buy things knowing deep in my heart that I will use them....I just don't know when. Like these weldable  hinges. I think I have had them for at least a year or more. FINALLY I have the perfect application!
"It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys!"-Longfellow Deeds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...