Monday, August 13, 2012

Bump and run!



This weekend was a fabulous weekend. Looking back I don't know where all the time went, but the sun was shining and we were busy doing stuff.

I got back into my routine of bus work on Fridays. This past Friday took me to the back of the bus. It was time to finally play with the bumpers. To see what I had and what I need.

During the tear out phase(many moons ago) I bagged and tagged lots of things. Some of which were the bumper rubber....things!


I moaned and groaned trying to figure out where I might find some new ones like this. These ones are old and weathered, the rubber is cracking and brittle. As well some of them were 2-3 inches thick and others were only an inch or so. I thought if I could fine a material that is a similar consistency but only an inch thick, then I could use as many as I needed for the specific location on the rear end.
But what would satisfy those requirements?......




As stompin' Tom Conners sang...."The good ol' hockey game...it's the best game you can name...."



Yup, a Canadian staple...Hockey Pucks!



Test fit on the drivers side went really well. The passenger side (not shown), not so much. It seems a previous owner backed into something at some point. So the body that the bumper mounts onto is bent back and angled up, thus the bumper sits too far in and down. I will have to do some repair work for this to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...