Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Quick and easy" a Fillmore Fib

This summer I quite purposefully took a step back from all "my stuff". I'm not even sure it's fair to say " my stuff" because "my stuff" still includes all the fun stuff like hanging with the kids and spending time with the family, you know moonlit walks with my wife and exercise.......well OK, moonlit walks with my wife anyway. What I did consciously put on the back burner was " my Fillmore stuff".
But progress is still moving forward, even if it's at a snails pace.
My last entry we talked about making the wiper retention bracket. Soldering is complete...

Test fit is almost there, I had to trip the inside flange a bit to make it work.
Once in place it fit like a glove and created a very reliable,stable, and retrievable mounting.


Looking good, for what the second or third time around?


Next I wanted to clean up the window vents in the engine compartment. A challenge they were to remove. Nothing like flat head metal screws rusted into place at near impossible angles to reach. But, if they got them in there I can get them out!
Now they sit in the back of my car waiting for refurbishment!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...