Friday, November 9, 2012

Making stuff up

 Sometimes on a 1949 bus you need to be a little more creative when sourcing parts. When I say creative I mean physically creative rather than mentally.

 The drivers and passenger door vertically hinged windows have some particular hardware that holds them in place. My problem is that some of my hardware is missing and or broken. At first I thought I would weld the broken piece. Until I realized it was brass....
 So I decided it was time to fabricate. This is the piece from the top of the window.
This is the one from the bottom. 3/16" holes counter sunk to allow the retention screw to be flush
The center holes are 3/8" NF thread.
After it was all said and done, a rust paint coating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...