Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Attention to detail or playing ostritch?











The last few opportunities I have had to work on Fillmore, I have been putting things back together in preparation of the forthcoming trip into Calgary for the OOPSI (Out Of Province Safety Inspection)
Things like the original rear running lights and turn signal, I had them re-chromed and then found a replacement lens. It needed some mods to fit but nothing a bench top sander and patience couldn't handle







                                            Frankly I think the pots look better from the inside that they do from the outside!







 After months...OK years of being refurbished and waiting for install, I finally got around to putting the air vents back in.










 Although I still want to remove the inside turn knob and re chrome it....or buff it up at least.....put it on the list.

As I finish these jobs, all of which need to be done and important in their own right, I wonder if I am avoiding the 'elephant in the room'. The drive shaft. I have a sinking feeling that I am not going to like the solution. I'm not sure I have enough room for the shaft to move freely up and down without bottoming out.........uhhhhhhggh.













2 comments:

  1. Those inside vent knobs are solid brass, buff off the finish and polish them up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Thanks Bill, good to know! I'll put that on my list....which is getting bigger instead of smaller

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...