Saturday, November 3, 2012

Heaven and Hell

Not wanting to sound too melodramatic but, our trip to Guatemala this fall had elements of both. It was only 1 week, 4 working days! That's really not a lot, but this time it felt like 4 weeks. Some of that has to do with the 11 hour work days, some of that has to do with the need outweighing the ability to provide and the mental toll that takes, and some of it had to do with a virus that danced around the group. In the end the trip was a success, and once again I am glad that I went, and so grateful for the opportunity to have Michelle at my side...but this was the first trip that I was really,really glad to get home.
Upon my return there were a few things that had come back from getting refurbished, has an angelic look to it doesn't it...?
I also finally received the wiper motor switch. It really doesn't seem to be that hard to find a switch that runs to coast to park motors and the washer pump, but apparently in Calgary either no one has one or I was asking all the wrong people. In the end the good ol' Internet provided, and when I came back to work there it was sitting on my desk!

The other little bit of heaven is a simple and selfish pleasure. Every air brake system will loose pressure over time. The requirement is that it doesn't loose it at an accelerated rate. So you can imagine my self indulgent smile when after sitting idle for 10 days, my primary air tank was still holding 50psi!
The final bit of hell was when I shimmied under the engine to have a look at the drive shaft. Remember my last run when I said I heard a vibration when I hit the bump?
Well sure enough the drive shaft is too long and on compression it bottoms out. This in turn compressed and/or tore the out put shaft seal on the transmission, and thus it's bleeding....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...