Sunday, January 27, 2013

A lazy sunday

Little things excite me. Like getting pieces back from the chrome shop! Little by little small jobs are being checked off the to do list. Each one is not a huge significance but it feels good to be constantly making forward progress. The rear reflectors on the SS panels were cleaned up and then went to Alberta Plating to be chromed, I was excited enough that I had to unwrap them right away and take a pic!



The backing plate for these I did not take to the chrome shop. They sit behind and tuck into the chromed piece so I just thought I would work on these, clean them up and paint them a black or silver. Problem was I thought I would have done this ages ago....now it is holding me up from putting these puppies back into place!








All the while work continues on the altered wheel wells. Good news is that today the clean up and welding was finished



After I ground down the welds and smoothed things out. I painted the new metal with a Tremclad rust paint.








Then it was time to put the wheels back on and reconnect the drive shaft. I was fighting the clock at this point. Michelle is out of town and I am playing head chef, bottle washer, taxi, etc etc. You know all the stuff that she does all the time and I take for granted....(mental note bring flowers home for her on Monday).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...