Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Shiney things

 Sometimes, when you just don't feel like being outside....like when it's -34C with the windchill. I like to feel like I am still making progress. So in walks the small jobs that you can do in front of the TV with a tumbler of Zacapa or Scotch

 The backing plates for the rear reflectors are finally finished. Truth be known they are in pretty rough shape, but POR-15 is wondrous.

 I rummaged through my workshop and found the old reflectors that I cleaned up ,what feels like, years ago



















I replaced the foam backing and put the pieces back together. I love the way these look, they are quirky and wierd but when they are in place they add that little bit of sparkle
























 Here they are mounted on the wedges that go behind the tail end of the SS fluting.
Hopefully tomorrow I ca install these and get to work on the side mirrors.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...