Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

 Growing up in Manitoba, you were able to predict weather. Or better yet you could count on the weather. If it was going to be cold, then it would be cold...for a long time. If it was going to snow it would snow. The seasons tend to follow a pattern in Manitoba...Spring-it warms up, summer- gets warmer, Fall- gets colder, it starts snowing, Winter- it continues to be cold and continues to snow.
 After 17 years in Alberta you'd think I would get used to the weather here. You know unpredictable!
Here the seasons follow no one. Spring?- might be warm, might be cold, might snow, summer?-might be cold might be warm, might snow, Fall?- might be warm might be cold,...you get the picture.
So last Wednesday it was -4C and barely snow on the ground when I went to bed. When I awoke?....18+cm of snow(that's 7+inches for our American friends) and -21C (not counting the dreaded windchill)
Needless to say when this happens it always slows things down when working on Fillmore, partly because the temp drops and everything is a little harder to work with, and partly because when there is a snow day....you must play!!!
Last Friday found me in a dental course on Root Canals(hold back your excitement people). Both Sat. and Sunday found us snowshoeing in the woods!

 Even the dog was loving it!
 Not to worry, I did manage to get to a little spark creation. Remember that when I moved the axle forward, I needed now to reposition the anterior of the wheel well.




















So I cut and I created. A little welding and a little reshaping

 Not 100% done but on trail fit, we've got lots of room now

Next will be creating an extension of the well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...