Friday, January 18, 2013

All set up and no place to go

 It's FRIDAY, it's FRIDAY!!
 I was so excited it was my day off and after a couple of commitments I was then able to get down to my own Fillmore time
 I was ready to cut and shape the new extensions to the wheel wells. But first I made a template from fiberboard. Made sure it would come in and out and fit well in the position I wanted.
 Then of course traced it onto the sheet metal I sourced from 3Fab

This was a real hold your breath moment, actually the cutting wasn't bad it was the first test fit AFTER the cutting
I spent the time to trace and cut both sides first and then thought that I would weld all at the same time. Worked like a charm. I spent a bunch of time getting things into position and then getting the welding cart into the perfect position. Then it was a bit of a challenge to get the power and wire feed setting just right as the new stuff was 3/16 and the metal I was welding to was 1/8 or 3/32. None the less I eventually got it where I was happy........
And then I ran out of welding wire!!! I was pissed, until I remembered that the spool I had my Dad bought me when he was out Christmas of 2010. I got nothing to complain about, it was due.
But it was high school dance all over again, All dressed up and no one to dance with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...