Tuesday, February 5, 2013

OMG!.....The wonders never cease!

Yes folks....this is my wife. And yes she IS wearing coveralls, and yes she is willingly coming to work on the bus.
This was my first thought when Michelle said she wanted to help me with something on the bus (as long as it was something where she wouldn't get too dirty). But after some reflection it made perfect sense, you see Michelle grew up in a family who has a history in farming. You know the good old salt of the earth kinda people who live within their means and pay cash for things because they don't like to be in debt.

So when Michelle gave me a card for Christmas (last year)saying she would give me 10 hours of her time to work on the bus, she knew it meant she had a promissory note out there.


So I did my best to make it a good experience. I decided that mounting the mud flaps was probably a good starting point for us to work together.
I made sure the work area was clean and as inviting as it can be.
Michelle actually surprised me and was in there like a dirty shirt.  I don't know if she was lovin' it but she never complained. You can see who was really out of sorts that his Chiquita was crawling around in the dirt with me working on 'that bus'. Yes our guard chihuahua didn't stray far from Michelle's side the entire time


We made sure that when we mounted the flaps we put releasing incisions incase some bone head backs up over them by mistake

Looks pretty Good!!

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get the flxible mudflaps? Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken, I had them made up by a place here in Calgary a year or so ago. They've been sitting in my workshop awaiting the right moment for install!
    It's called Air Hawk Industries: http://www.airhawk.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...