Friday, February 8, 2013

Smiling on a Saturday


There is nothing that makes you feel more alive than the light of the morning sun. I love the sunrise, I love the feel of cold winter air on my face, I love dragging my hand down the side of Fillmore as I walk down the length of his shelter, things don't have to be complicated.
 Life is good.


Last weekend I was able to putter around a little. I was on Daddy duty as Michelle and Jeff were out of town. So I managed a couple of hours of bus time before picking Anna up from Dance. When coming home from the city , we past a wonderful sculpture outside the Bow Building in Calgary...we had to stop.


Made of 1.25" steel bar, the shaping of the face with compound bends is astounding. One of those pieces that at first glance looks so simple and "easy", but anyone with any experience with metal work can see the work and creativity that was required. The feeling you get when standing inside the sculpture looking out is hard to describe, but a sense of wonder is definitely in the air.
Life is Good

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...