Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Raise the Roof!!

A few entries ago we talked about where is your happy place? Well this my friends is my happy place. A beautiful sunny morning, its cool and warm all at the same time, the birds are singing and its as quiet as can be. These mornings are the kind that motivate me to get up early and start working right away...

 

This of course is not necessarily a feeling mutually shared by the rest of the household!



My partner in crime (Randy) came over, so after some kabitzing over coffee we set to work, The ceiling panels were back and it was time to try them in.
First set of panels took a little wiggling to get into the proper alignment, but then things started to move along after that.
The outside edges will be hidden by a valence. and the horizontal seams will have a decorative trim along them




At days end, it really didn't seem like we had accomplished all that much, but based on how my body felt…it seemed like we had just built the empire state building. Although it was a little earlier in the process I looked at Randy with weary eyes and said….how about  a coffee? 

So we finished our day with coffee and treats while taking about something  italian or greek based on the hand gestures of my beautiful wife


Saturday brought more of the same. Randy, eager to see some results to our efforts, came out again and we conscripted the help of little/big Jeff.
Jeff worked valiantly, but due to a late night at a sleep over the night before he tapped out early. By days end we had put in 11/14 panels. I guess the rest will just have to wait, right?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...