Saturday, June 7, 2014

Seeing is believing

There are some who are thinkers, they analyze everything. Which is awesome! They tend to be the ones who have forward thought and have come up with a series of scenarios including probable success and failure percentages and the potential effects(positive or negative) for taking the for mentioned course of action. Then there are those of us, who may still be thinkers to some degree, but we tend not to over analyze the task at hand. We pick a course of action, then put our head down and go...and keep going until the job is done....even when the going gets tough, or monotonous we just accept the challenge and go. We are what I call the do-ers, the worker bees, and the others are like the Queen bees!
Both of these traits are great traits, and if you happen to have a team with some of each (like my marriage!) then you can seemingly conquer the world, one flower at a time......wait this is getting metaphorically out of hand.
Now, as you have guessed from my verbiage, for better or worse(in sickness and in health), I am more along the lines of the worker bee, and thus when I have my orders I go. But sometimes I need channel my inner queen a little more...(this is not coming out quite right...) What I mean is I need to stop and re-evaluate my setting, not just accept the working scenario or conditions. My fall back tends to be "don't worry, just move ahead, stop fussing!" But Seeing is believing. An idiom first recorded in this form in 1639 that means "only physical or concrete evidence is convincing"

 So when it was time to tackle the main coach light fixture for Fillmore that runs down the center isle, I was having a hell of a time polishing the fixture. I would toil away thinking I was doing a great job, only to pause lift my face shield and curse at my progress. Finally I gave in, took the time and bettered my working conditions.
 Thankfully I had a spare visor lens in the garage.
 All of a sudden things went a whole lot smoother, faster and WAY more enjoyable.



 Getting this prepped is going to be very important for getting the ceiling panels in place.












If this isn't done ahead of time (forward thinking!...channeling my inner big boy bee) then it will grind everything to a halt while we wait for  it.

Now we are ready for the panels...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...