Friday, June 27, 2014

The Push




Recognition is the key, admitting the transgression is step two, acceptance with it is step three. No this isn't part of the 12 step program of AA, or even what to do when someone commits infidelity. This is the scenario when you feel like you've put your proverbial foot in your mouth. We've all been there, you remember years ago in the before kids time in your life when you were in a restaurant and there was "that family" at the next table over? You mumbled to yourself "My kids will never behave like that!"

There are memories I have of feelings, visceral feelings not of my kids but my brother Shawn. I'm pretty sure he's an infrequent reader of this blog so I don't run too big of a risk inflating his ego, but he's a talented artist. His creative mind astounds me, his inability to manage time and projects infuriates me. It's happened more than once where I watch him pull all nighters for days in a row in an attempt to finish an over due project. In one occurrence I distinctly remember watching him cast a tremendously important bronze sculpture at the 11th hour. I said to myself...." I will never allow myself to get behind the eight ball like this and have to push like hell to meet a deadline!"

Anna transitions next year into grade 9 at the high school, so their farewell from Banded Peak is an important event. Anna and her girlfriends want to arrive to the ceremony in style....no not a limo, that is over the top....they want Fillmore and they told me that last year. Now I'm behind the eight ball.
So I conscripted anyone and everyone to help me out. Anna helped me put in the last two ceiling panels.
We cut that one close, this is all we had left in the pop rivets when all was said and done!
Interior windows go back on....

Wall panels go in...
Now I start adding some of the finishing touches. The mounting brackets for the LED interior lights are mounted with a simple screw. Unfortunately a screw that is too long and will perf into the roof panel if I try to ram it in.
Time to pull out the big guns and start to problem solve, and by big guns I mean the red wine and tin snips at my inside work station.
After a glass or two, I had a simple yet effective solution.
Now I can shed some light onto the girls party night, even if I only have hours to spare and lots left to do.
Sorry Shawn, I just didn't get it.....sometimes despite your best intentions life dictates the speed of your creative flow.....I accept it......can I get the size 10.5 out of my mouth now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...