Monday, June 30, 2014

We Made it!.....kind of......:(

 I know its only grade 8.....but to her it was the bomb, it was the big night. Truth be known it was the biggest "transition ceremony" that she has had as of yet. There will be more, and each one will make the previous seem a little less earth changing, but for now grade 8 'farewell' is the event to remember. I was a little flattered that Anna and her buds wanted to show up to their ceremony in Fillmore. A huge part of me regretted not having Fillmore in his new suit of paint, but on the other hand how could they lovingly call the hippie party bus if he was looking too good!

 Although Jeff is putting on a face of being uncomfortable posing with his arm around his sister,we really have it pretty good the kids are still  siblings, but they are also good friends.



 We all had some time to ooo, and ahh, and laugh and giggle before we set out down the road and delivered our guests of honor.
Not before I stole a kiss or two, with my back I can't quite dip my sweetheart, but Fillmore has many attributes, and the old man had this old man's back with support.


And now for the bad news......
 This may look like a romantic shot of Fillmore cruising down the highway after delivering the ladies to the special event......but no this is Fillmore stomping down his foot and saying "no way, the party has just started, and I'm NOT going home!"
Always looking to the silver lining, at least this didn't happen en route to the party, but Fillmore did once again calve on me. BUT, there is  yet a happy ending. After leaving Fillmore where he threw his temper tantrum, another one of the Dads (Jay) and I towed him back to Jay's house and parked him over night. In the morning I grabbed my tools, my coffee and my coveralls and swapped out the lift pump. I have to say it was a damn good morning, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, I was laying under Fillmore with a coffee and a stupid grin on my face...AND Jay fed me a kick ass breakfast when it was all done. The icing on the cake was that Fillmore works like a charm now(touch wood), the following Day I drove him into Calgary for a few hours getting more paint quotes, seems all is right with Fillmore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...