Saturday, November 11, 2017

Clever

My buddy, to whom I am in a scotch club with, sent me this picture and I giggled like I was in high school. I love how cleaver this is. Simple, straight forward, but oh so clever.
17 years ago when we built our house, my builder put in an exhaust system into what was then my work shop-now formally known as the gym. I always looked at it and thought, that is so cleaver. Again, nothing super fancy when you look at the separate pieces, but when everything is put together it makes me smile and think...."huh!...clever!"
Years later the fan motor that was installed was giving me issues, so I bought a new one, only to find out the issue was a power supply issue not a motor issue. In the end with a replacement of a  $12 switch instead of the more pricey fan motor I was left with an extra in line fan......not so clever.....or wasn't it?
Yes now that I have the new shop, I finally have a place for the proper use of the inline fan! I quick install of the exhaust vent.
And a lovely hour or two, puttering in the shop (with the dogs)
 I had to figure out mounting brackets for the duct work....good old black pipe fittings! Clever...or so I thought!
As Michelle and Anna are away for a girls weekend, Jeff and I are left to bach it. So I picked him up from school, and made our way to a place called Speeders. I must say it was a blast. We have taken the kids go karting a number of times over the years and the usual reaction is "yawn". But this place has electric carts and wow...I was actually a little scared here and there. I was impressed....unlike Jeff who was NOT impressed when I put the cowboy hat on him in the store and took his picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...