Friday, November 10, 2017

Electrifying

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel,but that's just the light coming through the windows of the workshop. Now I want light in the workshop. Until now it has been powered by running extension cables from the garage.... but that is only a temporary stop gap measure. It's time to do it right.
Before Ron and I and Jeff insulated we ran most of the electrical wires. Most...it's kinda like close....which works with horse shoes and hand grenades but not wiring.

One of my issues was heat, I wanted something powerful enough to keep the -20's at bay, but not to obtrusive...and something that wouldn't be blocked by moving machinery...like how table saws and band saws would affect baseboard heaters.


So I parted the roof and ran a few lines through the ceiling joists. I mean if I'm running one I might as well make my wish list complete.
Rob, my very patient friend, came out a second time to help me complete the hook ups.I say the second time....the first time ended in blood, glue and Rob flirting with the nurses at urgent care....but that's only a story for him to tell. I figured, I'm good at pulling copper but would rather have a pro make sure the connections are correct.
And alas, we have heat. A wonderful 240V 30Amp heater from Cadet called "The hot One". Now I can putter in warmth and style!

Of course that's when I'm not cheering on the sidelines

Or getting my little girl(Who turned 17 today!YIKES!) to her ballet class

The panel is complete, 240 service to a welder plug, heater, dust collector, 110 v to numerous plugs, lights, outside circulation fan, inside vent fan RV plug in....I think I have thought of everything....or most things....likely some things! Hopefully enough things!

Now for a little house keeping, move the kayaks to a better storage location so my lovely and oh so patient wife can park in the garage! There are a plethora of things that you can buy on amazon and have shipped to your place of work on the Monday after a weekend of workshop puttering. But be mindful, quality of all pieces are not what you sometimes would expect. After sheering the third screw nail that came with the low cost kayak hangers...I decided to move onto some of my own stock.
Perfect! all neat and tidy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...