Thursday, June 16, 2022

Am I doing the right thing?

"No time like the present", "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" whatever adage you can muster up, there is likely another of the opposite point of view "If it 'aint broke, don't fix it!"

With the flex plate off, the flywheel housing off, now is the best time to replace the rear crank seal...even if it isn't leaking.
With the rear cover plate removed, I carefully removed the remnants of the old gasket
Took the rear cover plate into the shop and cleaned it up
Then reinstalled with a new (now black) gasket.......god I hope it doesn't leak
 
A job well done with my trusty sidekick, we deserve a cool drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...