Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back in the Saddle

It's been a while since I had time to post...or better put, had any new info to post. Another weekend of singing. The good news, our chorus sang really well and achieved a goal we set for ourselves in terms of performance quality and of course scores too. The bad news is our quartet did not win the Trophy(phew!!- that thing is a pain). Seriously we didn't have our best performance, but it was what it was. No regrets.
I came home really early so it did allow me to get a little bus time in this afternoon.


Truth of the matter is that although I have been blaming the lack of work being done on the weather, there was another reason. I have been avoiding a perceived problem until I could figure out how to fix it.

I have been so proud of the way the new body panels look.....but I just stopped looking at the bottom. The bottom of the panel follows the curve of the frame and slopes in and under the bus. But after I got the panels and my first attempt at securing the panels failed miserably and I actually ended up putting a dent in a panel. Small, but I still know I did it.
So I left the problem to percolate for a while. Then it came to me! I would like to appropriately credit a flxible owner who gave me the idea but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw the picture.

Anyway, some well placed tie down straps WITH a 2x4 help to evenly apply forces in the proper directions and ...Viola!

Still allot of work to do, but one step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...