Saturday, May 29, 2010

Space time continuum

Do not adjust your sets, what you are about to see really happened...
Seriously, don't worry! The weather hasn't magically changed in the last 3 hours. But rather I realized that there were some photos etc that are blog worthy that I forgot to post.
Before the snow storm (which is currently still going on...very cold[not really -1C] and very wet[really]) we finally did some more rivet magic.

I thought I got suckered in to buying a fancier rivet gun than what I needed.....but I was wrong....there I said it...'I was wrong'(did you hear that Michelle?)...I doubted the rivet expert...but he was right and you can never have too many tools!
when placing hundreds of rivets...this baby is awesome!


Although Jeffrey has been my main rivet guy, Anna took a turn and shows us how it's done.
Sorry for the sideways picture....I keep forgetting with the hand held camera that you can't rotate the picture like you can with a digital image.

Here's how it looks from the inside!

Jeffrey decided to take the hard stuff and do all the rivets under the bus. This is his handy work!

2 comments:

  1. Are you planning to look behind the stainless panels? On my '52 Flx Visi, the panels were apparently removed for painting in the 70's and put back with screws - I assume panels were originally riveted - and I removed several to check for rust - and found one rusted thru place. I've heard some Flxes have no body metal under the panels - but mine does.

    Tim
    Troy, MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked into that troy, but the '49 has no body panels under the SS fluting, so I'm OK

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...