Saturday, May 1, 2010

When to say when... but not now!

A beautiful day in Bragg, and although there was a whack of snow on the ground we didn't let it dampen our spirits. When I say we, my good friend and partner in crime....if singing and golfing is a crime...Randy joined me for some spring thaw body work.


Over the winter I pulled off the affected panels, cleaned and prepped the frame and I am in the process of replacing.....but then I take a look at some other panels(passenger side rear wheel) and I can see some bondo....and well if I have able and eager bodies....and the knowledge of what needs to get done....why not?

So, yes back to a destruction phase. Randy ground and drilled the rivets while I seemingly wasn't there as I was ferrying kids to and from school and dance class.

Once the panel was off, then the usual frame clean up

After Randy spent an hour or two with the angle grinder, I realized how much work we've done. Take a look at the old vs new wire brush.

In the end the frame is clean and ready for rust paint(POR-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...