Monday, May 24, 2010

Put a lid on it!

So yesterday I thought...."darn it all"(not the actual words but this is a family program) I haven't gotten much bus stuff done. So on Monday I'm going to say screw it! I'm working all day on the bus!--are you done laughing?
Well as you guessed.....that didn't happen.
We did have a great family walk this morning. Spent a few hours just kickin' in the sun. It's hard to lament about not getting work done when you're laying on your back in a meadow with the spring sun on your face and your kids resting their head on your chest. I wasn't getting my bus list done but I was soaking up the family time.
Now when we got back to the house and Michelle decided that it was a good time to have a family work bee and mow/rake/spring clean the yard.......then I was lamenting!!

But once the yard work was done, I was able to get to it!
I decided that I didn't like the gas covers that were on the bus. Of course I decided this when I saw a Dodge truck go by with these really cool looking covers. So I ordered a couple. Then had to figure out how to mount them, a good time to do it as I was swapping out the body panels anyway. I had a flange made at the company I have been getting all my metal from.

When I put the panels up, I had the foresight to pre-mark where the gas cover should go.

A little snip-snip!

A little fine tuning with the angle grinder, I must say when I started making sparks I was getting a little up tight being so close to the gas tank. On the drivers side, a non issue- I had dropped the tank out on Friday. But the passenger side.....the tank was still there, so I covered it over with a wet cloth, said a prayer....and....

No problem!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...