Saturday, August 28, 2010

Get back in the saddle

When you fall you need to get right back up on the horse, when at first you don't succeed, try and try again....and I'm sure there are many others. Whichever is the best phrase, I'm there, time to address this problem....again!
Well I'm a little behind schedule. Now I know what your thinking," schedule?....when the heck did he get a schedule?"
Well OK technically your correct, however this is a mini schedule...which I have blown. After the cradle lift catastrophe last weekend, my job this week was to get:
1. New Motor mounts-check
2.Gasket for the new sump(Oil pan for the non Brits)-check
3.Get material and manufacture new engine lift-uhhhh, not so check


The good news is that I have a great start on it, the bad news is that it isn't done and as a result the mechanic is not coming over today because there is very little we can do without the lift.
More bad news is that between his schedule and mine the next time we can get together is 3 weeks from now....CRAP....this is the foothills, there could be snow by then!

Bottom rails are 2x2x.125"

I'm sure the welding isn't pretty enough for the pros but I was actually quite happy with it. I got some good beads, it's solid AND it's square! (will the wonders never cease)
More of the same on the block for today...until my physio appointment....my neck is buggered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...