Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nice to be high and dry!

Today, the weather forecaster was 100% correct. He called for rain and cold....it rained and hit a high of 5 C. So Ron and I gladly canceled our 2:40 tee time and spent the day doing bus stuff!(I love the bus shelter)
Ron started the day clipping and shaving rivet heads while I worked on the engine lift.

Early work looked easy enough... but it always takes longer than you think. We started around 10am and by 3 we broke for lunch.

After lunch it was time to get back at 'er

By then I had finished the engine lift, Ron and I man handled the cradle onto the lift, then welded some extra lateral supports. I haven't put the transport supports on yet (sorry Harold) but they WILL go on so as we don't have a second catastrophic failure...like last time.

The engine just dropped into place...with a little TLC and care...of course.

We then ended the day with a little hodge podge of jobs. Ron cleaned out more "stuff"(aka junk) from the engine room, while I prepped the bus for a little gear figuring. I had the charge the air system with my shop compressor so we could release the brakes. Why?....so we could jack up the rear end and calculate the rear diff gear ratio.
2.8 by the way.

I hope it rains again tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to recoagulate that ratio, like times 2, which would be about the original [but optional] 5.3:1 - a 2.8:1 wouldn't get that bus moving even downhill ;)

    Bill from the Island

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...