Monday, September 20, 2010

Dry fit.

OK dri fit usually refers to athletic clothing....you know the stuff that you love to see supermodels in but the rest of us are delusional in thinking that we actually have a good enough body to wear, but scoff when we see like bodied individuals daring to venture out in public in ?
This has nothing to do with that.......
Last Saturday when the Mechanic left me on my own I worked away at a number of little jobs, but after the lunch hour I decided I could wait no more.It was time for a "Dry Fit"....a practice run!

Two sheets of 3/4" plywood...one fancy engine lift(well OK not fancy but very utilitarian)

A few ounces of determination and patience...

And "whoop there it is" (sorry I just dated myself there)

It worked like a charm. I was able to very easily push the engine in place. The last 2" I had to use a come-a-long to wiggle it into the final position but not bad at all!
After the engine was in place I was able to get a better idea about the transmission position and how much room I have for a drive shaft. I think I will have the worlds shortest drive shaft...I figure 11" long. This includes the u joints...on both ends...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...