Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rear end work....Part duex?Trois?quatre?

Another day another root canal...saving the world one tooth at a time! But lucky for me Michelle's parents are here, and Ron can only read so many books, so I happily put him to work and he happily accepts, by the end of the day he too "stinks like bus"
Today while I was drilling and filling, Ron was pulling the fan housing off the radiator getting it ready for removal.

When I got home we were ready to pull the radiator, it took a little persuasion, ingenuity and persistence but we 'got 'er done!'

The more we remove the more it seems like we need a bigger engine....kidding....maybe...

Once the rad was out we could more easily visualize the secondary transmission rad. Yes 'secondary'. Under the floor in the engine room there is a transmission cooler, but apparently it maybe didn't work? they didn't figure out that you actually have to have the fan wired up, or maybe it was the wrong color. I don't know but the tranny seemed to be cool but the engine always ran hot.
Anyway we will pull everything and perhaps simply just put it all back, or maybe it will be totally revamped.

I don't know. But I do know I'm lovin' the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...