Friday, April 22, 2011

Can you see the difference?

 Sometimes Michelle accuses me of being way to picky. Sometimes the little things bug me. I know it can sometimes be a bottleneck for progress. On the other hand it makes the end result better when my demand for things to be "just so" dictates the rate of play. I know my patients like the demand of high standards.
 As such, the alignment of the engine tranny combo was...close. But if I had me way I would jiggle the engine a little more. Problem was the hydraulic pump was in the way. So last week I called John, my mechanic, over to give me an opinion. The decision in the end was to loose the hydraulic pump, go to an electric fan for the rad. This way I can shimmy the engine a bit more, it gets rid of some extra weight, as well as a whack of hoses, a hydraulic reservoir, etc etc. I also elected to remove the air conditioning compressor that is on the upper right on the picture above. Although I will likely have AC in the unit, it will likely be a roof unit so the compressor is redundant.
 So once Ron and I removed the chaff, we needed to then relate the position of the engine mounts to the cradle. EGB in Cochrane is going to make me a new cradle, so all I need to do is show them where everything needs to be!
 Just a relationship weld. This is NOT meant to bear any weight....so don't worry all you engineers.
 The forward engine mounts.
 And Ron got the pleasure to attach the connector arms from the leaf springs to the rebuilt shock absorbers that Randy installed.
After a good day outside....it was time to make dinner. Jeff was on onion duty....I applaud his problem solving skills of onion chopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...