Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh, I give up....


I knew I was in for a rude awakening when this morning I could hear my son Jeff make his way down the stairs. It's bad enough that he was up before me, but when I heard him say in an extremely disgusted voice..." Ahhhhh REALLY???.....COME ON!!" I knew it was not good.
He was right...

Our plan was to get up and take a load of scrap metal from the donor motor home and the old diff to the recycle yard. The plan still came to fruition but the first couple of hours were spent snow blowing the driveway. Then we loaded up what we could. Not all of it was accessible, over the last few months I had strategically blew the snow from clearing the driveway to hide the hillbilly pile of 'crap' in front of the garden. An out of sight out of mind solution to an otherwise persistent eye sore. So we took what we could and moved on. I wish I had brought my camera , there was a moment when the crane had used the big magnet to lift the diff off the trailer and it was gracefully swinging through the air.... ah it was a bittersweet moment.

As Bragg Creek luck would have it, we got 8+" of snow last night, but when we got to the city...nothing!

Thankfully Fillmore is snug as a bug in a rug, just patiently waiting for us to finish up with his hiney.
I feel like this is a bad Carol Burnett skit and I am the old man mechanic, moving in slow motion, being played by the Tim Conway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...