Saturday, December 17, 2011

Best Birthday Present!

Through the different ages and stages we all find that there are different things that make us smile. When I was 21, the best birthday gift likely would have been a night out of drinking beer and smoking cigars with the boys. In my thirties that would have been a good bottle of scotch and an even better cigar while I sit in a hot tub after a real awesome day of double black skiing.
 Now that I'm in my 40's there are just different things that get my pulse going. The most valuable asset now is time.

Today we celebrated my birthday a few days early, and we had a great lunch at a local restaurant. The kids gave me a card and some chocolates, great gift as I have a big chocolate soft spot.....or is that a soft spot because of the chocolate?......ehhh never mind. Anyway, my loving wife gave me probably the best gift in years. Of course I knew I was in for some kind of twist when I opened the card.

A more rookie husband might actually get excited by the card, but when you've been married for a while....you know better.
OK you know you've been married a long time when..." you each own two or more sets of car keys, use the same credit cards, will readily eat off the same plate or drink from the same glass, often raid each other’s wallets, and aren’t all that careful about closing the bathroom door."
A quote I found which I thought hit close to home. To be honest except for the bathroom door part(because no one needs to see that) I enjoy the partnership and sharing between my wife and I. Anyway, coming back to the point....I knew she was up to something, I just didn't know what. To my delight and surprise I got a double present!
 The card says I get to be right...on everything... for the next 24 hours. So to start, I am making sure I get all the unresolved arguments out on the table now!.....I also figure now would be a good time to see if she thinks I'm right when I think that we should build a permanent shelter for Fillmore. The second, is that she is going to give me 10 hours of sweat equity on the bus.....I might even get her hands dirty!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...