Friday, December 9, 2011

Ahhhh December.....

There are many things that excite us, depending on what stage you are in your life will dictate what makes your heart rate quicken just a little. For my Dad, I'm sure it's standing 185 yards out from the green and hitting a sweet 5 iron with a little draw and watching it track in tight. For me, as of late, it's a sunny weekend morning with nothing on the agenda...except maybe a little Flx time.
For my kids, it's snow....the more the merrier, and this week their hearts were beating fast.

 When the temp drops and the snow falls, I'm always glad to have some indoor projects! It's time to continue to work on the cooling fan. A few pounds of hydraulic oil cleaned up
 Then time to do a little layout of my leggo pieces.
 I was on a role the other night cutting and welding in the garage until the boss poked her head into the garage and gave me the 'look'...come on you know which look this is...it's the bewildered amazement look. It's the one we both love and hate. Because in the male psyche it's what we strive to see in the face of our mate, the look of
"OMG, how did you do that?.....you are amazing!"
 Now take that same sentence, change one word and morph the tone from loving admiration to a tone of "I am one second away from snapping"....
"OMG, why did you do that?.....you are amazing!"
So when the boss poked her head in the garage and gave me 'the look', even though I had just gotten to the good part of tacking the pieces together, I knew it was time to shut her down....with efficiency. 
A day later, I was able to keep on truckin'. Although not 100% complete, it is ready for the in situ test fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...