Monday, December 3, 2012

A new day, a fresh start.

Last session with Fillmore was a test of character. It seemed everything I touched went sideways. I didn't blog about the last straw for the last during that session. When trying to install the mounting hardware for the passenger window I sheered off a brand new stainless steel metal screw RIGHT in the spot where I had just finished drilling out the old rusty one that had broken off originally. At that point I was about to snap.....Jeff in his infinite youthful wisdom piped up and said, "you know Dad when I get stuck at school sometimes I just walk away and come back and try again"....so  did.
Good advise my son.....goooooooood advice.

Being  Dentist, my happy place is order and neatness....puzzling if you look into my garage or workshop since the Fillmore saga started. So I 'set the stage', I gave myself a work space that was as inviting and relaxed as possible. Notice the carpet insulating me from the dust and sub zero temperature of the gravel.
Next, I'm a firm believer in the right tool for the right job.....but sometimes they don't make that tool.
But I did!!
A lot of fuss for squeezing the bolts together probably a grand total of 3mm, but like my Dad used to say..."Out a little, out a lot!"
A birds eye view of a flat surface hugging a round bar
Seemed so easy it makes you wonder what the problem was?.......maybe it wasn't Fillmore being stubborn.....hmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...